Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Concerning Discipleship, Children, and Student Ministry

by Wade Overturf

As I thought about what I should say in my first article in the first 
ever Ouachita River Fellowship newsletter, the only thing that I could think about was sharing my heart for ministry.  The Great Commission tells us to "Go and make disciples", but we sometimes miss the true meaning of this phrase.  What Jesus was saying with this statement in Matthew 28 is that as we are living our lives we should be showing others around us what it means to be a disciple of Christ.  This, in turn, helps those who don't have a relationship with Christ more fully understand what happens to your life when God takes over control.

        If I could say one thing that sums up who I am and what I am about it would be that I strive everyday to be walking with Christ so that others can see Him in me.  My goal as Youth and Children's Pastor is
to pass this practice down to the next generation.  If we can instill this principle in the students and children at ORF then the difference that they can make is unbelievable. Please pray along side of me for the youth and children of Ouachita River Fellowship that God may use their lives in a mighty way!

No comments:

Post a Comment