Saturday, September 30, 2017

For Today

I was reading through some of my older writings, and wanted to share one that I published in 2007 through Facebook.

How majestic and glorious is the Lord God Almighty. He has done great things in the lives of His people. Though we turned from Him, He came to us in the person of Jesus Christ in an effort to draw us back to Him. He imparted upon those who believe in the name of Christ the Comforter, His own Holy Spirit. And today He walks with us through every moment of our lives. This is the testimony of those who believe in His name, of those who have come to recognize Him as Savior and Lord. Glory to God.

May God work through the efforts of His people as they serve Him around the world this day. Amen.

If you're like me, there are days when we get too caught up in the process. We look for methods, procedures, and solutions to get the most done in the absolute most efficient method possible. Truthfully, I do not believe that there is anything inherently wrong with this; we all know that we are only given a limited amount of time, and none of us know how much time that we have. However, if my entire life is spent checking things off the to-do list, moving from one problem or process to the next, I may have just wasted my life. 

Today, I offer a challenge to you and I: slow down. Take time to reflect and be amazed at who God is. Marvel at His creation, be still and contemplate His word, and savor His love. Enjoy time with family and friends. As you need to work, do so diligently and make the most of it. Live as God is calling you to live, allowing Him to be glorified through it and those around you to be built up along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment